Yeah. That would be the view out of the hotel room. Very nice and relaxing. The pool in the distance is even more relaxing. This morning I spent a couple of hours there before heading off for some exploring.
Of course I’m going to rub this in a little.
I spent some time under that tree knitting. Yes, in the grass. They have grass here! Fresno has had the most gorgeous weather. In the low 80’s, sunny and with the slightest hint of a breeze. Reminded me of why I moved to California in the first place.
Oh, and I found the truck of my dreams. Except mine would be midnight blue with the flames.
Cocoon Lace Scarf, Feathers Shawl, Seascape Shawl, Claudia Hand Painted Linen
Of course I hit a yarn store. Ancient Pathways. People wandered in and out joking with one another. Very soothing and calming. Everything a LYS should be. It was a refreshing change from the snooty bitches at the one I’m near.
Did I just say that? Sorry.
Ok, fine, not sorry.
For those inquiring minds… yes, I am having a wonderful time with Texas. He’s handsome and charming and kind and funny and wonderful and exciting and no, I have no idea what I’m doing or what’s going to happen next. I just know I’m enjoying the moment.
Snarkiness will return when he leaves.
Yes, that was taken from a sandbar in the middle of the river. 😀 Why stay on the beaten path?
Yosemite was pretty, but oh so yuppy. Luckily, Texas hates people as much as I do, so we didn’t stick around for long. We might head back to Seqouia-Kings since it’s so close. I think it’s much nicer than Yosemite.
Let’s play Manic Monday…
- What’s your favorite beach in the world? Padre Island. YUM! You must try camping on it for a week.
- What’s the next country you want to visit? Belize. Yes, Belize again. The answer to all questions is Belize.
- What one thing are you craving today? More time.
I’m off to swim and then find a yarn store or two. Happy Monday y’all!
At least it was what I was looking at yesterday.
Yes, from inside the pond at the bottom of the waterfall. My thighs may be staging a revolt as we speak. Wait til you see where I hiked to. This was at Sequoia – Kings Nat’l Park. Today, I’m off to Yosemite.
Happy Sunday y’all
Time for Friday Fill Ins! Wooo?
1. If I could be a fly on the wall I would be watching my favorite ankle.
2. Jealousy is often a sign of insecurity.
3. When I see a shooting star my wish would be that my surgery would be over and I’d be done with the floppy paw crap.
4. I’d rather be smart than beautiful any day! (luckily, someone thinks I’m both)
5. Certain songs when I hear them make me wanna go out to the club.
6. If time were in a bottle I put a stopper in the bottle so it couldn’t go anywhere and spend more time exploring Texas.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to making it to Fresno, tomorrow my plans include going to a National Park and Sunday, I want to do more exploring!
Subtitle: Re-entry sucks and I want the weekend back.
Have I mentioned that I love grilling? Dinner last night was rib eyes with corn on the cob. Yum! I finished it off with some fresh peaches grilled and drizzled with honey.
While waiting for the water guys, I may have slipped into my nice, soft, fluffy “sweet tiny baby jesus, I missed you” bed and laid there. Just laid there. I had a fun weekend… but DAMN there is nothing like a good bed.
I may have even missed the torture device of death a little. I could feel the difference and slapped that bad boy on when I got home.
However, there were some nice things awaiting me when I got home:
YARN! Thank you Angie and Barbara for the fun contests. 😀 Details when I return.
The guys never showed up or I’d have some eye candy for y’all. Today? Tomorrow? Since they didn’t, I hit the gym for about an hour. And maybe got up bright and early today and hit it for another two. This restlessness might just kill me.
Either that or I’ve lost my mind.
Mom may have even mentioned that she was going to kill me and drag my body to the desert if I didn’t “Sit down for 5 freaking minutes”. I’m not sure if I should be worried as I’ve been told on more than one occasion when someone couldn’t get a hold of me for more than a few days that they thought she had done just that.
Happy Wednesday y’all and I’ll see you when I get back.
So, I’m going random
01. Made it home safe and sound. I have pictures and souvenir yarn. What?!? Of course there was yarn involved.
02. Considering I left at 5 a.m., you’ll have to wait for the goodies until I regain sufficient mental capacity.
03. I’m dreading the WP 2.6 update. Please send good thoughts. Maybe this time my photo sql won’t get corrupted.
04. Back-ups are for wussies.
05. I missed the rain.
06. I came back to 158 feeds. Mark all as read may be my friend.
07. You don’t even want to ask about my e-mail.
08. Meanwhile, I’m going to wait for the water company to shut of the water and repair the mini fountain in the driveway. While I love a good water feature… say like a lake or a pond, I don’t like them in my driveway.
08a. Downside: no swamp cooler
08b. Upside: Eye candy
08c. Just sayin’ 😀
09. Right now I’m pretty darn thankful I’m a renter since they may have to rip up the driveway.
10. Day 10 sucked.
Happy Tueday y’all?