Subtitle: Oh what a ride!
01. That may have been the extent of my knitting FO’s for 2010, but that’s o.k. I had a wild, wonderful and wacky year.
02. The best thing was Texas coming off the road. Although I think I may have seen him more when he was on the choo-choo. His new job promises they’re cutting back from 12 hour days, 6 days a week.
03. Health wise, we both decided to be a little interesting. While he may be The SSCLD (super sexy cheese lovin’ dude for you latecomers), the man should not work on home improvement projects alone. I have never met anyone (besides me) so accident prone. I think the tally for him was 11 staples, 19 stitches, 4 urgent care and one E.R. visit.
04. No, I’m not posting the picture from the recovery room that I insisted he take. He knows better now that if someone is coming out of anesthesia, do no listen to them. Thankfully, he didn’t send it off to Cookie, Angie, Janna and Carrie like I was insisting. Although Carrie did get a somewhat shady drugged up picture of me and my te-tahs on the way home that day.
05. We had crazy snow. Really?!? Snow. In East Texas.
06. We also had the accidental burning of the Fish Shack, along with meeting the Lake PoPo and discovering that if you do have a house fire, just figure it’s going to be a loss.
07. I hung out on the lake and Red Eye Island with friends. There were contraband skunks, feisty neighbors stopping large construction equipment and squirrels messing with the electric. I ate tons of skinny pork chops at Skinny Porkchop’s and Big Rock’s. There may have been some tong wrestling and stealing of the dead neighbor’s daffodils.
07. I choose to remain hazy on anything that happened in the Harbor. I can blame my neurological problems. Yep. My story and I’m sticking to it. (see, I can’t even number a list correctly)
08. Both of our Grandfathers passed away this year. They were the same age. I guess I still don’t really know what to say about it.
09. Texas came off the road and I started flying out every couple of weeks. Besides friends and family, I also got to go to L.A. for a patient day sponsored by the Guthy Jackson Foundation. A-mazing!
10. In the past 4 months, I not only helped my mom move, but also my grandmother and aunt. Yeah. The gang’s all here.
11. How could I forget the “house flood 2010”. At least we got new carpet and laminate flooring out of the hassle. (Did I mention it happened 4 days after my arm surgery?)
12. Carrie K and I joked around about me deciding to flex my Squishy superpowers and try to save the world and one nine-year old boy. (less than 24 hours to donate – get the word out – please). The contest even has it’s own prize page now.
13. Here’s where I issue a throw down to all you knitters. If I get 10 more donations by 7 p.m. CST on the 31st, I’ll throw my skein of Wollmeise into the knitter’s grand prize. Oh yeah, get the word out peeps. You know you want it.
14. Like I said, crazy year, but I have the Squish
15. Oh, and this is my back yard.
16. 2010 was interesting, but life is still good. Let’s hope 2011 is way more mellow and less exciting.
Happy New Year’s Eve Eve. 😀