Fine! Alright already. I’ll do it. BUT! I’m not falling prey to the Wicked Witches of the East and West again. I learned my lesson last year and I’m doing this on my own terms.
Mission Possible 2008 (rules and my mods are on this page)
01. Cotton, cotton and more cotton. Let’s just get this stash down a little. Maybe actually participate in the Monthly Dishcloth thing I belong to? Who wants warshcloths for Christmas? There will be no photos shared of this. Let’s just say it has a bin of it’s own.
02. Banana Lace – I love the dyer and the color of this yarn (I would link, but I’m unsure if his blog is public again). Until I started to knit it up and realized how awful it was going to look next to my face. I either have to suck it up, finish and gift or rip and give away the yarn.
03. Delicato and
04. Branching out – These are to both be done with the same yarn as a gift for my step-mother. The Delicatos are stalled and the Branching Out has been on my to-do list forever!
05. KSH – Jacob. I love these 3 balls of pure pleasure. I need to suck it up and find a pattern and use them. It has marinated long enough. Of course, it was part of my “poor me with the floppy paw needs to indulge” shopping spree (here-into referred to FPSS) of a little over a year ago. (sidebar: What was I thinking? At that point, the prognosis was that I may never knit again. You all really have no idea how much of the stash was purchased during that period.)
06. Ice Queen – I started this and ripped because I apparently have never learned how to count. This is a three parter – Damn it’s such a pretty pattern, learning a new technique (beading) and I really need to start using the KSH instead of molesting it. Oh! This yarn was also part of the FPSS. Some of the little yarn knitting issues may need to be addressed and I may have to use another FPSS yarn.
07. Kae’s fiber – I think this was purchased just before the floppy paw accident. I sold most of my fiber stash because I didn’t want it just sitting around until I was able to spin again. I kept some favorites and this was one.
08. Mocking Merino – also around forever. This was some of the first wool I bought when I got my wheel – 100% Merino from Alpaca Direct. Let’s finish this Bag o’ Mockery up and get it out of here.
09. Cat’s Mobius – I’ve had her books since (I shocked myself with this one!) March of 2006 and have never made anything. Nothing. I will learn the cast on and make one item from this book with yarn in my stash. Maybe the lovely Atacama(rav link) from La?
10. Cat’s Socks – I’m not going to let this book sit for two years with nothing getting made from it. I will make at least one pair of Cat’s socks. I have started this item. First Magic Cast On and hopefully my first finished toe up. Bonus, the yarn is from my FPSS
11. Mini Sampler – This has been in process for at least 6 years… maybe as long as 8. Yeah. I will finish this. There really isn’t much to do. It’s just that it is 1 over 1 on 32 count linen. It is only 40 stitches wide by 101 long. I mean really.
12. The Embroidery Project of DOOOOOOM! – I will not finish this in a year. There are not enough hours for that. It is the length of a queen size bed. However! I will work on it every month. Even if it is just an hour, I will put something in on it. It is beautiful and wonderful and challenging and I forget about it.