Dinosaur Valley State Park was the destination for our experimental camping trip. It was close enough that if things went wrong, we could be home in short order. I may be crazy, but I’m not stupid. I don’t have a lot of pictures because we were doing ALL the things.
27 miles of walking/ hiking, not including the time spent in the water walking to the Bluehole and dinosaur tracks. We were a half mile from the bathrooms. Our campsite was 1/3 mile from the parking area and park store. It was hot. Hot! So we spent a bunch of time actually in the water. Our hiking was done before 10 a.m.
It actually went so well that we’ll be doing another trip next month.
Happy Tuesday y’all!
Supplies. I haz them.
01. This may be the only thing that keeps me from going over the edge today. Srsly. (scroll over the picture to see the title muwahahah)
02. I’ll be making the maple bacon cookies again and trying the pull apart bacon bread look about halfway down the page
03. I may or may not share them with the Skinny PC and Large Meat Product when I go over for dinner tonight.
04. Yeah, it’s that bad right now.
05. But I have bacon and chocolate and weapons.
06. Everyone, say hi to the really nice chicky from the Texas Tollways thing in Austin who was really helpful and nice yesterday. And who is a knitter. I forgot to ask if she had a blog or a Ravelry name. She said she was stopping by. Think I should have warned her we’re all a bunch of wierdoes?
07. I have learned that 160 characters is not nearly enough room to express my anger and outrage and think that the cellphone companies need to give us more space to write texts. Because sometimes? I don’t have to “suck it up, buttercup” and maybe
::: stopping thought right there before I stroke out ::::
08. Zombies will eat your brains. (oh, and the game is not on facebook /pout )
09. I love my little post office man. He’s almost a male version of Cookie. O.o
10. Despite all of the stuff in the picture, I stopped by the gym on the way home to reactivate my membership since I was cleared to go. (well, with a billion restrictions, but still)
I spent most of the day yesterday playing with this:
I don’t remember how I got to The Noble Pig, but I must have spent about half a day looking around. I decided to try these cookies.
Yeah, you read that right. Maple Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies. ZOMG! They’re so good. How can you go wrong putting bacon in anything. Take her advice, do not put more than 6 on a pan. They spread a lot and get nice and crispy. With my next batch, I think I’m going to try her suggestion of sprinkling a little extra bacon on top.
Today? Pierogi fillings. The actual pierogi will be assembled over the weekend. Would you believe that Texas has never had a pierogi? Really. O.o
Happy Friday y’all
- Started: Nov 22, 2008
- Finished: yesterday (Dec 13. 2009)
- Pattern: Dashing
- Yarn: Rowan Felted Tweed
- Needles: Bryspun 7’s
♥Love♥ the yarn, ♥love♥ the needles (really, everyone should own a set of their dpns), ♥ love ♥ the mitts! I learned from Fetching that I needed to make them a bit longer in the hand, so I added a couple of rows. I also threw in a few extra on the thumbs. I had some bad ladders which appear to have cleaned up a little with washing and blocking.
I would love to get a bunch of this yarn for knitting Nuss (which I already have the pattern for, but not the yarn).
I did most of the knitting on these when I was flying back and forth to Los Angeles and then it got warm and I didn’t think about them. Now that I’m freeeeezing… it was time to finish them.
≈ ≈ ≈
Ms. Daisy? Yeah, I think she’s settling in.
≈ ≈ ≈
I’m thinking of trying to make some of this today. YUM!
Happy Sunday y’all!
Like y’all thought I was actually going to be able to finish a couple of rows of ribbing in one day?
You do know what blog you’re at right?
Most of yesterday was spent fighting stomach ickies and making a big batch of chicken and dumplings – they’re sitting in the fridge to get more yummy and to be devoured today. I slow cooked some ribs for dinner and made some sweet potato fries. I think Ghiardelli chocolate cupcakes are being made later.
And yes, I swear. I’ll knit.
Since my attitude is improving:
Happy Sunday y’all
I’m slowly catching up. Swears. I’m just taking a break from spot treating and shampooing carpets.
The thwacked yak is still drying. Thanks to all who told me what I needed to do. And Julie? She is one amazing chickie. She gave me a great suggestion for the yak and little bits of other schtuff I’m spinning up.
≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈
While I’m thanking people. Hilari had this on her blog today. Awesome idea!
::: waves hi to Hilari! Yeah, I still read your blog :::
≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈
Want some yum? Check out the pumpkin recipes.
≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈
Happy Tuesday y’all! Oh, and go wish Carrie a Happy Birthday.